What is Bi-Fuel (Dual Fuel)?
Dual Fuel is the regulated and controlled delivery of a gaseous fuel to an engine originally operating purely on diesel fuel. This is typically Natural Gas from a pipeline, or CNG/ LNG source. Some names you may recognize as Propane, Bio-gas, Coal Gas, or Landfill Gas.
Why a Dual Fuel System?
• No loss of power or torque; power electricity-generation engines up to 12MW
• Annual fuel savings between 20% and 60%
• Applications include primary power, emergency back-up power and peak shaving
• Utilize multiple fuel options – conditioned wellhead, pipeline, liquid (LNG) or compressed (CNG) natural gas sources
• Reduce fuel costs with average diesel displacement between 40% and 55%, and peak displacement up to 75%
• No modification to base diesel engine – return to 100% diesel at anytime
• Reduce emissions and meet corporate sustainability goals and objectives
Significant reduction in most regulated diesel engine emissions
- Particulate Matter (PM)
Other emissions can be regulated with after treatment solutions
Coffee Table FYI
-Seamless and automatic changeover to 100% diesel operation
-Diesel engine manages load transients providing frequency stability and excellent load acceptance / rejection
-Smooth transition between diesel and Bi-fuel mode at any time
-Maintains the original output of the diesel engine